Pages

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Tortellini Time

Since I brought back some fresh tortellini from Bologna, I decided to make them as soon as possible (I froze the tortelloni). I also brought back some porcini mushroom and wanted to combine both. I have been craving veggies, let's face it, you don't eat that many on vacation, and had an eggplant in the fridge :) Since David doesn't really like it, I chose to prepare it on the side and add it only to my dish.

Tortellini con Funghi Porcini


 Ingredients:

250grs of tortellini
50grs of dried porcini mushrooms
50grs of leek or green onions
1/2 cup of white wine
1/2 cup of water
oil
salt and pepper
oregano
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
50grs panceta (for my garnish)
1/2 eggplant (for my garnish)

Slice the leek. Place the porcini mushrooms with the water into a bowl in order for them to rehydrate. It should take about 20 minutes. Keep the water.


In a large pot, heat the water with salt to cook the pasta.

In the meantime, I prepared my garnish. I diced the panceta and eggplant.

In a large skillet, add some oil. When ready, cook the panceta. After a few minutes, add the eggplant.


Add half of the white wine (can you tell I love wine in my cooking ;) ).


Reduce. Add salt and pepper. Remove from pan leaving the remaining liquid.


In the same skillet, add the green onions or leek and porcini mushrooms. Add the water from the mushrooms as it holds lots of flavors.


At the same time, drop the tortellini in the boiling hot water. Cook for a few minutes. Fresh pasta should be done in 2 minutes. Remove from water.

Add the remaining wine, oregano, parmesan, salt and pepper to the sauce.

Add the tortellini to the skillet.


Mix well.


And my plate with the garnish.


David did end up stealing some of the panceta off of my plate. Men and meat... :)

Amazing supper. It felt pretty awesome to create a typical Bologna dish made from the original products straight out of my kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment