Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Gallos a la plancha

I am quite the happy wife! I have been bugging David about getting a raclette since I just love it but he did not budge on the subject. "No room to store, no raclette". Then, when I mentionned we could store it under the sofabed came the "No coffee machine, No raclette". He has become quite the coffee connaisseur since being in Spain and would love a Nespresso capsule style machine. We don't have any counterspace left in our kitchen so wouldn't work out...

Anyways, fastforward to yesterday night. He got me my raclette as a surprise!!! I was so happy!!!! He finally gave in thinking about all the times I give in to his little "caprichos" and decided that I deserved my cookware ;)
My new toy:

Sooooo I had to use it today! My main argument to get a raclette was to have a indoor grill as well. So tonight: Gallos a la plancha con judias verdes. I had already thawed the fish so had to cook it.

Gallos is quite the rare fish, actually its second spanish name is media cara (half face). I did a bit of digging and the english translation is Megrim. Beats me... Had never heard of it before coming here. It is a white flacky, juicy and tasteful fish and reminds me of doré, called pickerel in English. My father loves doré and is not a big fish fan. I made him try this fish on his last visit and it was a winner.

Spain has an AMAZING variety of fish and shellfish and I am still learning about all of them! Just to give you an idea:


So here is the recipe. Simple, easy and flavourful.

Gallos a la plancha


Ingredients:

4 Gallos filets (actually 1 Gallo gives you 4 filets)
flour
seasoning (salt, garlic powder, pepper and parsley)
green beans
oil

Mix flour with seasoning. Pass the fish filets lightly in the seasoned flour. Since I am grilling them, very little "breading" is required. Final result after passing by the pescadero and I. ;)


Heat grill and cook green beans while lightly brushing some olive oil on them and salt.
When the beans are almost done, push aside and brush the grill with oil and put fish filets.
Brush oil on the fish and after 3 mins flip the filets.
Cook for another 3 mins with a bit of oil brushed on top.
Plate and serve.

Total time: 5 mins prep, 10 mins cooking.

Delicious easy and healthy supper!


No comments:

Post a Comment