Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Costillas Adobadas

Spain loves its marinated meat (carne adobada). Most people usually buy them already marinated as they are quite cheap and easy to find. I sometimes buy it but if I have time, I'll simply marinate them myself. I had asked the carnicero for a costillar (rack of ribs) at the market and he asked me if I wanted it with lots of meat or little. I said with lots of meat and when he brought out the piece, I never expected it to have so much meat on it! You couldn't even see the bones! He removed the skin and cut it in half lengthwise. When I got home, I removed the extra meat from the ribs, keeping it to make some souvlakis later on and froze it. I then marinated my ribs and let them rest in the fridge turning them frequently for 2 days.

Costillas Adobadas con Patatas Asadas


Ingredients:

3 tbsp of oil
2 tbsp of pimenton (smoked paprika)
1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
1 tbsp whtie wine
1 tsp of parsley
1 tbsp of herbes de provence
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 rack of ribs marinated (about 500gr)
4 potatoes
Salt and pepper

Mix ingredients in a large ziploc bag. Add the rack of ribs, make sure the ribs are completely covered with the marinade and refrigerate for 2 days turning frequently.

Preheat oven at 215degrees.

Peel and cut the potatoes in about 1 inch thick pieces.

Remove the ribs from the bag and place on an oven dish meat side facing up. Add the potatoes to the side of the ribs. Drizzle the remaining marinade from the bag onto the potatoes and ribs. Add some more herbes de provence to the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper both the potatoes and the ribs.


Cook for about 30 mins. Turn the meat around and broil at high in order to grill the meat. Flip it around and do the same. A nice golden roasted meat look :)


I served the ribs and potatoes with a rucula salad dressed with a maple syrup and dijon vinaigrette that my Mom used to make :).

Maple Syrup and Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette:

Ingredients:

1 tbsp of oil
1 tsp of white wine vinegar
1 tsp of maple syrup
1 tsp of dijon mustard
1 tsp of seasoning
Salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a small tupperware. Put lid one and shake. Done.


Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment