Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Bologna: a little glimpse into Medieval time

Ciao tutti. Sono ritornata da Bologna e mi e piaciuto moltisimo il viaggio :) E una citta molta bella :) Seriously worth the visit. It is a beautiful city filled with "porticos" (shaded sidewalks), churches, towers, plazas and canals. Oh, and let's not forget the food! I was in heaven! Bologna is the birth city of Bolognese sauce and bolognese lasagna and, as I quickly discovered, Tortellini and Tortelloni. AMAZING! Tortelloni are the big ones and tortellini the tiny ones. They are quite expensive as well; no wonder, they are hand made!

Here is a glimpse of the city:

Porticos

a gorgeous piazza facing a church

View while sitting on our hotel terrace


Typical street

Back of the Cathedral San Petronio

One of the canals

And now, the best part, some food:


Linguine con zucchini e frutti di mare
 
Tortellini alla bolognese

Melanzane alla parmigiana e polenta frita

Pizza di verdure e patate
and even better. Pure heaven:

Tortellini, tortelloni di zucca, di ricotta e spinaci, di speck...

I brought back some pancetta (it's like the one we have in Canada!!!!!!), coppa, tortelloni di spinaci e ricotta, tortellini bolognese, pecorino romano, provolone... my suitcase was going to bust! David was laughing so hard at me when he actually picked it up lol. I love the no duty european travel :) You can bring back meat and cheeses :) Since Montreal is filled with Italian products and Spain is not, I was in heaven and stocked up on the stuff I can never bring back to Madrid. I really have to plan at least an Italian trip each year minimum.

Now, I seriously need to get those extra pounds off from all that wonderful food I had :)

No comments:

Post a Comment