Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Late Night Chips and Dip

So this is what happens when you don't know what to cook for supper! Seriously, I had nooooo inspiration. I had half an eggplant that I wanted to use but didn't know with what. I didn't want to eat the leftovers we have as I am going to Bologna on friday; I don't want to leave poor David without food ;)

I also had a craving for tuna and mayo. But I didn't have any nachos or crackers. So I thought: Use the eggplant as the cracker! So here goes my little tuesday night chips and dip supper:

Tuna & Ali oli Dip served with Potato and Eggplant Chips


Ingredients:

4 small cans of tuna
1 egg
1/2 cup of oil
1 garlic clove
1/4 onion finely chopped
1 tsp of white vinegar
salt
parsley
1/2 eggplant
2 potatoes
oil

So first off, the mayo for the tuna dip. I use a hand blender to make it, so I just drop the egg, garlic clove, salt, vinegar and oil into the recipient.


Using the blender on turbo, mix everything until the mayo forms. If it is too liquid, add oil slowly until the desired texture is reached.


In a bowl, mix the tuna, onion, parsley and mayo (I used half of the mayo).



Now on to the chips.

Finely paper slice the peeled potatoes and eggplant.

In a large pan, add lots of oil to fry. If you have a deep fryer, even better!

When oil is ready to fry, add the eggplant making sure to not overcrowd the oil.


When a deep golden color is reached, remove from oil. Add a bit of salt.


Potato frying time! You need to fry them longer than regular fries to have that crunchier texture.


All fried and salted.



Perfect for a nice hockey or football game :)

It is also a nice way to get the veggie hatter to actually eat them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment