Pages

Thursday 18 August 2011

Wonferful seafood

I miss my Canadian scallops. Spain does get some but mostly in the North and personally, the flavor is not the same. Here they sell them with the coral on the side (orangy part) and I find it super original for presentation (colors!!!) and tastes great. You can find some in the frozen section of Carrefour so I bought some with the shells to make for an even more wicked presentation.

We went to a wedding in Galicia last year and they served as one of the appetizers Vieiras. They had cooked them with a tomato and vine based sauce and it was delicious. So off I went with my scallops to the kitchen to try to recreate the recipe. Our guests loved it and Gen raved about how amazing they were. Another recipe adding to my favs :)


Vieiras en salsa


Ingredients:

16 scallops and shells
1/2 onion
1 garlic clove
oil
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup tomato sauce
salt and pepper

Finely mince the onion and garlic.

In a saucepan, add some oil and heat. When ready, add the onion and garlic. Sweat.


Add the wine and let reduce. Add the tomato sauce.


Cook for about 10 minutes adding salt and pepper.

Place the scallops in their shells and on a baking sheet.


Add the sauce to each scallop.


Cook for about 10 minutes at 180C.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment