Pages

Thursday 18 August 2011

Another Twist on One of Chelo's Recipe


Ok, I know it's been a while since my last post. I have been cooking and taking pictures, just didn't get a chance to grab the computer and blog about it. So I'll try to catch up in the next few days to make up for the lost time :)

My Mother-in-law is a great cook and I can honestly say that David and his brother were well fed since their young days. Of course, she has some cooking techniques that she learned in her village as well as in Madrid that differ from mine; I have actually adopted many of those techniques and learned from them.

So this is a twist on one of her classics. I just loved how she took advantage of the paellera for this one and cooked the potatoes and chicken legs on top. Smart if you ask me :) Only one (big) dish to wash! I based myself also on her marinade to make mine.

Chicken Drumsticks and Potatoes


Ingredients:

8 chicken drumsticks (I usually use 2 per head)
6 potatoes
4 carrots
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
paprika
garlic powder
salt
pepper
parsley
1/2 cup white wine
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 cup oil

In a plastic bag, mix the wine, oil, vinegar, parlsey, garlic powder, salt and pepper. You can also add some pieces of onion and garlic, which I did this time. Add the chicken drumsticks and let sit overnight.

Preheat your oven at 180C.

Slice the onion, garlic, carrots and potatoes. Add them to the paellera. Season with garlic powder, parsley (and any other herbs), paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.

Cook for about 30 minutes.


Add the drumsticks to the paellera.


Cook for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.


And here you have it. A simple and super easy recipe, full of flavors! It also calls for an awesome presentation at the table that will surely impress your guests :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment