Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Quesadillas

I love quesadillas and I used to make them quite often. Since living here, I have not made them as much since I have been too busy absorbing the wonderful spanish culinary culture. I made some a few weeks ago and have decided that these needed to get back on my regular menus :) They are just delicious.

The original meaning of quesadilla comes from queso and tortilla. You can basically add whatever suits your fancy to the tortilla bread and cheese and it will come out good!

I made these little rockers and they were to die for:

Wild Mushroom and Shallot Quesadillas


Ingredients:

4 shallots
100grs wild mushrooms
oil
100grs grated cheese (I used a mixture of cheddar, emmental, swiss)
2 tortilla breads
salt
pepper


Slice the shallots and wild mushrooms.

In a pan, heat oil. When ready, add the shallots. Sweat for a few minutes.



Add the mushrooms.


Season with salt and pepper.

Place the filling on half of the tortilla bread.


Add the cheese.


Close the tortilla bread.


Place both breads onto a cooking pan and broil at high in the oven until brown (or until the cheese has melted).

And there you have it. Cheesy and good :)

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment