Pages

Thursday 18 August 2011

An Easy Veggie

I have never been a fan of zucchini and always associated eggplant to them. Until I tried them last year. I have been in love since then! Only problem is, David doesn't like them. So, I take advantage of my guests and make this simple appetizer or side dish that everyone loves (ok, except David).

I have tried many different ways of cooking eggplant, but this is the healthiest of them all. They tend to absorb too much oil if you cook them in the pan.

Grilled Eggplant


Ingredients:

1 eggplant
salt
oil

Now, I don't have a grill so I use my oven grill. Works wonders!

Slice the eggplant. Do not slice them too thin as those pieces will dry out.


Place them on a baking sheet (I add some non stick oven paper as I hate scrapping). Drizzle some salt and oil.


Grill in the oven for about 10 minutes.


And there you have it. Plate them and serve them hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment