Pages

Monday 2 May 2011

A Nutty Italian Touch

Since I went to Italia last month, I bought back a whole bunch of goodies. I still had some tortellonis frozen and decided to take them out and prepare them the way I had them in Italia with my friend. A nut and cheese sauce :)

So here is my take on the recipe:

Tortelloni con Noci e Pecorino Romano


Ingredients:

250grs spinach and ricotta tortelloni
100grs nuts
100grs pecorino romano
1/2 cup of white wine
salt
oil

In a large pot, bring water and salt to a boil. Add the tortelloni and cook for a few minutes.

In the meantime, add oil to a pan and heat. Add the nuts. Roast for a few minutes.


Add the white wine and let reduce. Add a bit of cheese.


Remove the pasta from the water and add to the pan.


Add the remaining pecorino and serve.

Such a fast and simple recipe but filled with flavor. The mixture of pecorino and ricotta topped with some nuts just makes the perfect pasta combination.

Hope you enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment