Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

Burger Fun

Who doesn't like a nice burger?! Burgers have really gone a long way nowadays. Beef, pork, chicken, veggie, tuna, turkey... grind your meat, grill it, place in a bun, add your condiments and voila! Burger heaven :) There are sooooo many ways to making a burger and I like mixing my ingredients to always give it that nice little touch.

I had some ground beef in the freezer and decided to make some good old burgers this week. I always prepare the meat the way my Mom makes it: breadcrumbs, spices and egg. It makes it soooo moist and yummy :)

Since I didn't have lettuce and I like adding veggies to the burger, I decided to use some of my spinach. I chose to cook it slightly as I love my grilled onions in a burger and what better combination than with spinach? :)

So I thought I would share my awesome burgers :)

Spinach Mozzarella and Bacon Burger


Ingredients:

500gr ground beef
4 burger buns
1 onion
1 egg
3 tbsps breadcrumbs
8 slices of bacon
8 slices of mozzarella
200gr spinach
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
salt and pepper
oil

Cut half of the onion into small pieces and slice the other half.

In a bowl, mix meat, egg, breadcrumbs, parlsey, diced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper.


Mix well and form into 4 patties using your hands.


In a pan, heat a bit of onion and, when ready, sweat your sliced onion.


Add the rinsed spinach and let it reduce slightly. Do not overcook it as you still want that bright green color.


Place your bacon slices in between 2 sheets of paper towels. Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Ok, I barely use the microwave (not a big fan) but, seriously, cooking bacon in it is the cleanest and fastest way to do so.

In the same pan we prepared the onion and spinach, add oil. When ready, cook your patties. I have to do 2 at a time as my pan is not big enough.


When they start being cooked well on the sides, flip the patties.


When they are about almost done, add the bacon and mozzarella slices. Let the cheese melt.


Toast your patties while your cheese is taking shape.

Place the bun in your plate, add the meat cheesy wonder.



Add the spinach filling and there you have it! A wonderful green cheesy meaty heaven :)

Top it with ketchup, mayo, mustard, honey mustard... have fun with it!

It was DELISH! Just look at those colors:



No comments:

Post a Comment