Pages

Sunday 18 September 2011

Straight from the Woods

My Nonno goes hunting every year in the Fall. He usually hunts moose or deer. My Mom always ends up with some of the meat in her freezer and the last two times I've been back home, I brought some back :). I had the moose meat frozen and decided to cook some last month. It is so great! Moose has this wonderful leafy taste and, of course, there is nothing like fresh natural meat. Nowadays, getting natural meat is hard to get with the industry.

So, in honor of my Nonno, we enjoyed a flavorful and amazing meal. I decided to cook it with onions and mushrooms in order to enhance the foresty flavors from the meat.

Moose Fillets and Mushrooms


Ingredients:

500gts moose meat
1 onion
200 grs mushrooms
1/4 cup white wine
4 potatoes
parsley
salt and pepper
butter

Slice the moose meat into thin slices.


Slice the onion and mushrooms as well.

Add a bit of butter to a pan and heat.

When ready, add the onion and mushrooms.


Add salt and pepper as well as parsley. Add the wine and let reduce.


When ready, remove and set aside.

Add some butter and the meat.


Lightly cook.

Add the mushroom and onions back.


The juices from the wine, meat, onion and mushroom create the wonderful sauce.

I didn't take pictures but while I was making the meat, I cooked the potatoes in the oven with parsley, salt and pepper.

It was the perfect combination of wood and earth flavors. There is nothing like such a fresh and natural meal :)

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment