Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2012

I'm back to blogging!

As my post title states it: I'm back! After many months of not being able to dedicate any time to blogging (cooking was still acheived, not to worry), I am back and finally managed a few moments to update things.

I have FINALLY finished my MBA in June and have been really busy at work lately. I know, no real excuse but that's the only one there is :).

So, in order to kick off my blog again, I decided to post this lovely recipe with fall feeling: Pumpkin risotto.

I have been trying to incorporate more vegetarian dishes in our menu since it is cheaper and better for you. As well, since I eat at work and David eats home, he doesn't "absorb" as much veggies or fruits as I would like... men...

Pumpkin Risotto


 
Ingredients:


200grs of pumpkin
1 onion
1 garlic clove
1 cup of round rice
1/2 cup white wine
2 cups of vegetable broth (or chicken)
parsley
salt and pepper
oil

Remove skin and fillings from pumpkin and dice the meat.

Slice onion and garlic.

In a pan, heat oil. When ready, add the onion and garlic. Sweat for a few minutes.

Add the pumpkin.


Cook for a few minutes until meat starts softening.

In the meantime, heat the broth.

Add the rice. Mix well.


Add the wine and reduce.

Slowly add the broth as it gets absorbed by the rice.


 Add parsley, salt and pepper.


Mix well continuously.


And there you have it. A super easy, simple, cheap and healthy recipe for your table!

Enjoy! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment