Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2011

My Mom's Tortellini Alfredo

My Mom is half Italian (from her Dad's side) and having italian blood in our veins makes us huge pasta fans. I could eat pasta EVERYDAY :) I love that stuff; it's really an addiction of mine! Sadly, I've had to control it since David isn't that huge of a fan. He likes it but once a week is more than enough for him. Poor me. Oh well, I get to try new recipe and have found that if I add enough meat to pasta, he doesn't mind at all! haha Boys will be boys. He has surprised me when I often ask him if he wants to eat tortellini and with what sauce he wants it. He keeps on asking for my Mom's alfredo sauce. :) Why this surprises me: it holds no meat whatsoever! He loves it but with reason. It is such a simple sauce but sure makes one heck of a tasty meal.

This is the typical easy and fast sauce to make with some meat or cheese filled pasta. It also works great with fettucini or linguini.

Tortellini Alfredo


Ingredients:

500grs tortellini (I had jamon/proscuitto filled on hand)
250ml cream (I use 12% but it works great with 18%)
1/2 cup pecorino romano
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper

In a large pot to cook the pasta, heat some water to a boil.

In a saucepan, add the butter and melt.


When it has melted, add the cream, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

Mix well and slowly heat. Do not bring to a boil. When it is hot (right before it starts simmering) and has a nice consistency, remove from heat and cover.

Cook the tortellini in the boiling water.

Drain and add the sauce to the pasta.


Mix well. Let it rest a bit so that the pasta absorbs the sauce. Add some more pecorino cheese if you want :)


And there you have it. A wonderful meal in less than 10 minutes. This recipe is a classic in my family and always pleases a crowd. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment